Maps GPS Educational Resources
- A useful list of mapping and GIS resources, mostly from .gov and .edu websites
- The Educator's Corner of the GLOBE Program
- Geography Educators' Network of Indiana - Lesson plans for GPS and map reading, includes Internet resources
- Geological Survey - What Do Maps Show?
- GIS.com - The guide to geographic information systems
- GIS Day - Educational materials available
- Pennsylvania Spatial Data Access - Tutorials available under Outreach & Education
- Map Reading.com - Free online book on how to read topographic maps
- Center for History and New Media
- Oklahoma State University - GPS teaching modules
- The Essential Wilderness Navigator: How to Find Your Way in the Great Outdoors, Second Edition, David Seidman and Paul Cleveland. International Marine/Ragged Mountain Press, 2000.
- Be Expert with Map and Compass. Bjon Kjellstrom. Wiley Pub., 1994.
- U.S. Army Map Reading and Land Navigation Handbook. Department of the Army. The Lyons Press, 2004.
- Geography for Dummies. Charles Heatwole. Hungry Minds, 2002.
- GPS for Dummies. Joel McNamara. Wiley Pub., 2004.
- GPS Made Easy: Using Global Positioning Systems in the Outdoors. Lawrence Letham. Mountaineering Books, 2003.
Return to Maps GPS Info Home